Modeled in Maya while sitting at a coffee shop near Stanford (man did I feel like I fit some sort of stereotype). After working on “Geo Necklace“, I wanted to try something slightly more complicated. This “bracelet” is two combined tori: The base is 8-sided, the top is 6-sided. No overhang issues, but I did have to pick out some interior loose filament. Spray-painted it two-tone blue/red.
- Printed on Makerbot Replicator.
- Successfully printed in ‘natural’ PLA with “medium” settings in Makerware:
- Extruded at 210 deg, HBP off.
- 2 shells, 10% infill (presuming there is any infill at al).
- Took 50 minutes to print, used 13g of PLA.
You can download the .stl file over on Thingiverse.